Inside the Life of Me.....

Friday, August 27, 2010

Oh Coffee, how I love thee.....





If you know me (or Ashley) at all, we LOVE our coffee!! I really have an addiction to it, and it's not even the caffeine, since I go decaf (your welcome mom)! There is something about an iced coffee that just makes my morning! There are a few coffee shops I love that make yummy coffee... and I am pretty sure they know me by name... that can't be good! I decided that I need to learn how to make my own coffee drinks.... so I looked up a few recipes.... hope they turn out!!


1. Creamy Iced Coffee Recipe

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 quarts brewed coffee, room temperature
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup half-and-half cream
  • 1/3 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons creme de cacao

Directions

  1. In a pitcher, combine cooled coffee, milk and half-and-half. Stir in sugar, vanilla and creme de cacao. Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.


2. Iced Coffee from a French Press


  1. The night before, start with 1/4 cup of coarse ground coffee, and add 1 cup of cold filtered water.
  2. The next morning add 1 more cup of water.
  3. Strain and pour into a chilled glass over ice (makes two glasses).
I add a generous amount of milk and a spoonful or two of raw sugar. You could even make a simple syrup with a little vanilla. If you like extra milk, then add less water. Freeze leftovers in ice cube trays for next time.

3. Cafe Latte Milkshake.. OK, so this one looks like a ton of calories, but soooo good!
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup cold coffee
2 scoops vanilla ice cream
2 tablespoons chocolate syrup


Directions:
In a blender, combine cold coffee, ice cream and chocolate syrup. Blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve.

I will try these recipes next week and let you know which one actually works, or doesn't! Hopefully this will save on our coffee bills!

No comments:

Post a Comment